Although many artists film their concerts in a venue with an audience, there are those who prefer to produce a professional multi-camera video recording of their program in a recording session format without an audience. Producing a professional multi-camera video recording session creates top-quality videos that will be highly memorable and enjoyed for years to come.
Furthermore, using 4K Ultra HD video cameras, professional audio recording equipment, and advanced software for editing, encoding, and authoring, guarantees producing a high-quality video that will help you promote yourself and your music on YouTube and other social platforms.
Marketing yourself on YouTube is cost-effective, because uploading videos does not require creating physical media that increases the cost. That said, you can use your edited footage later to create commercially released DVDs or Blu-ray Discs and sell them on Amazon.
Click here to read more on my website about my low-cost upgrade process from YouTube media to DVD/Blu-ray Disc.
- In contrast to concerts, recording sessions do not require an audience, allowing you to record different sections of a work many times until you are happy with the end result. These sections can be combined in musical order in the editing process to create the finished product.
- Cameras and microphones can be positioned at the best locations and to your liking, without interfering with the audience as often happens in live performances.
- The piano and other instruments can be tuned more often between pieces or movements.
- When performing technically demanding pieces, you can take longer breaks and relax between pieces or movements and thus reduce mistakes and inaccuracies.
- After recording a movement, you can review the video recording on a monitor and listen to the audio. If you don't like the camera positions for whatever reason, they can be changed to your liking very quickly.
- Proper lighting conditions and closer distances of the cameras improve overall picture quality compared to a concert filming.
- If you are a pianist, you can try out the piano provided by the venue to see if you are happy with the instrument.
- There is less pressure when recording without an audience.
Recording session filmed with three cameras.
Recording session filmed with four cameras.
Recording session filmed with five cameras.